EASY – Come in and ask for our Free Range Grass Fed New York (Striploin) from the Hunter Valley NSW cut approximately 1 ½ inches thick. Ask for our complimentary Garlic & Parsley Butter piece for each steak.
- Melt down the garlic and parsley butter and dip the steak into the Garlic Butter.
- Season with Himalayan Rock Salt & Pepper (available in store).
- Sear it overt the hottest possible fire, charcoal plate, grill or BBQ.
- Place the meat on the hottest part of the grill. If at any time the grill flares up, move the steaks to the outside edge, returning them to the center when the flame dies down. Do not slide the steaks across the grill; gently pick them up with tongs.
- Ultimately you want to turn a New York strip steak only once, cooking each side for 5-6 minutes at a time (for a total cooking time of 12 minutes), to get a rare steak with adequate char.
- Rest on a warm plate for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy the great balance of the seared outside and the tenderness inside. Enjoy!